Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Blood, vomit and fun.

I woke in the night, sweaty, pained, and nauseous. Sometime while emptying the contents of my stomach I must have blacked out because I woke up on the floor of the bathroom with blood all over the place. Chipped my front tooth pretty good, cut my chin wide open. I ought to get stitches but since I don't think there is a doctor around within a hundred miles to deal with me safely, I'm just going to apply first aid and hope for the best. Pretty sure it was food related. I feel better now. I think I’ll skip breakfast. Pleasant!
It’s morning, everyone is starting to stir and load out for pit setup. I can hear radio traffic from the three Speed Technologies chase trucks in the parking lot outside my little room here at the Tourista Motel.
Though there is no hurry, as we won’t see the car for several hours, I find myself anxious to be underway.

No comments: